Sunday, June 16, 2013

Female Bodybuilding Dilemma We Face Today

Sorry I've been on hiatus, and I can't say I blame you if you have been researching other blogs about female bodybuilding. Although I admit, it's a curious thing. It's curious from the standpoint that not only do women struggle with their self image, but let's face it, women get beat up daily on how they look.

I mean, men can throw on jeans and a t-shirt, and just look sexy, but for us gals, it's hair, makeup, clothes, the style, the look, the attitude, everything.

I enjoy being me, but it took me a loooong time to get to this place. I had to work on my insides if you know what I mean, but that doesn't change the fact that we need to take care of our body. Right? This is why female bodybuilding is still a hot topic for me, and between me and some girlfriends of mine.

I would like to just start a discussion here for all women on how they feel about themselves physically, where they are now, and how all of us can come together to change this position of insecurity, and self criticism. Life is beautiful and so are you, and so, it's time for you my friend to step into your greatness!

Why Female Bodybuilding Has Been a Hot Topic

Okay, so bodybuilding isn't really for everyone, but I am talking about how most folks define female bodybuilding. We should all be building our bodies, but it all starts with good nutrition, not a fad diet. 

If you have been reading this blog, you know I support the HCG diet, and that is true. However, I don't think everyone should do it. It is a great way for the body to detoxify, and it's the best way to reset the hypothalamus gland by waking it up with a massive thermogenic effect. 

While there is a ton of science and research behind it, it is still under scrutiny to this day. Some think it's extreme, but I really think cutting out your stomach is extreme, not to mention cutting open your chest  and breaking your sternum to get to your major valve. 

Before I get off topic here, I say all of that to say this; the body, no matter whose body we are looking at or talking about, needs nutrients, and the modern day diet in America isn't enough. The average American diet meets the following criteria:

  1. English muffins or toast in the morning and bottled orange juice loaded with sugar 
  2. Fast food lunch washed down with a soda 
  3. Fast food dinner with more greasy food and burgers that are made with beef loaded with hormones etc 

How could this be good for anyone? 

It isn't, and we are now hearing more about superbugs in the meat as a result. You can follow a bodybuilding plan, but the reality is that unless you eat whole foods, and put pure nutrition into the body, you won't be able to see and feel the changes that you want. 

Here is a great infographic that spells out what the American diet looks like today:
If you look at this, and you can see what is represented here, you can see that the evidence is clear. The American diet leaves very little room for nutrition, and plenty of room for fat, calories, heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and a myriad of other diseases. 

What Female Bodybuilding Should Really Consist of 

So, with nutrition being at the core of my beliefs about female bodybuilding, you should know that yes, I used to bodybuild, and no I didn't compete. In my mind it wasn't for show, although I have tossed around the idea about figure competing. 

Bodybuilding for women needs to start with a proper education in nutrition, and this means a thorough assessment from a medical doctor that has a holistic view on your health and medication. If you haven't watched the film "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" on Netflix, I highly suggest you do. 

You'll find that Dr. Joel Fuhrman is fantastic, and you should absolutely read his books! You can also check out the vitamin injections, weight management products, and supplementation you'll find when you go HERE

I hope that you found this helpful, and no, this wasn't intended to promote any bodybuilders. My point was to:
  • Get your attention
  • Make you think about what body building truly means (building the body from the inside out) 
  • Give you some encouragement on how to feel better and look better as a result 

Once you make these changes, you'll look and feel more vibrant too! So, go watch that movie, and research whole foods and start making a list you like. Feel free to email me or comment below and let me know what you are doing to feel better too! 

To Your Health,  



No comments:

Post a Comment