Tuesday, April 5, 2011

HCG Days 3 and 4

Well, on day 3 my weigh in showed that I had gained a few pounds from the overeating which is normal. You gain weight and a lot of water which is about right. The first days being load days mean that you can eat whatever you want. So, obviously there is plenty of water to retain because of all that sodium that we take in as a result of the horrid diet we follow! Like I always say, days 1 and 2 are the American way!

Day 3 was the first day on the low calorie diet at 500 calories per day, so breakfast was just a half apple. Then for lunch, I had organic chicken strips and green salad which was organic baby spinach. Spinach is one of the top rated vegetables on the list for HCG because it is rich in magnesium, and it's loaded with other nutrients as well. With leafy greens you can't go wrong! Water, water, water and green tea, and I was well on my to minimal hunger. Green tea is helpful in suppressing the appetite, and because most green teas taste like grass, I always opt for Jasmine.

Dinner was organic beef patties, along with more baby spinach which was great. Dressings? No, not a chance. They are loaded with fat and sugar, so I opt for organic balsamic vinegrette. I used it before and loved it. Apple cider vinegar works great too, and it boosts your metabolism and curbs the appetite. I also discovered that it prevent a yeast overgrowth which is super beneficial for women too.

Day 4? Ah, the weigh in showed a loss of 4.6 pounds, which is incredible but typical. This is because initially you lose water. You aren't eating a lot of sodium and because you consume a gallon of water per day you stay well hydrated. The intake of water is important too because when you are on good supplementation like I am, your organs can dry out. I learned this all too well when bodybuilding because I had a dry mouth when I first started. Fiber especially dries you out, but is essential to keep things moving while on this diet. Who doesn't need fiber?

The diet was the same as day 3, the only difference was I had white fish. I had cajun spiced Tilapia with sliced tomatoes. You can use fresh herbs and seasonings which really enhance the flavor of your food, but many strong herbs and spices aid in reducing inflammation in the body and help stave off hunger too. There are so many ways around maintaining the diet I could go on and on. I will, but all of the tips and tricks will be in my book when it comes out!

Thanks for stopping by, and remember all things are possible!

For your health and encouragement,

Tammy Coffin-Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment