Sunday, April 10, 2011

HCG, Days 7 and 8

Well, I know I am posting a day late, but I wish there were more hours in the day! I am sure that you have thought that too! I am still feeling great, but have just been swamped.

As of day 8, I was 12 pounds down, which is great. This means that I am more than up to speed, and have a few to spare. Typically, you lose water initially as I mentioned in my very first post, and after that? Your body begins to lose actual fat. There is no better diet than HCG when your metabolism needs a kick in the pants. I don't just mean if you are tired or lethargic, but I mean everything.

The diet is simple, so there is no sense in mentioning each meal of the day, however, I did want to let you in a secret. For dinner on day 7, I had a Subway salad; the oven roasted chicken salad. Is this allowed? Of course! Why? Because your meat is only 100 grams when you weigh in, and I can tell you for sure that their chicken fillet that they slice up to put on it is less than 100 grams. In fact, I think it's around 85g. Then, with lettuce, sliced tomato, green pepper and banana peppers, I was stretching it a little, but still managed to lose at least one pound.

Typically, your salad is a green salad, and for dressing I use an organic Balsamic Vinagrette, or Apple Cider Vinegar. Be a label reader, but organic is better. Just be sure that if you choose a Vinagrette that it is sugar free. No sugar of any kind is allowed on HCG; Stevia may be used.

This time I bought my HCG through Trim Nutrition, rather than going through my holistic doctor because it was cheaper, and their pamphlet says to use Stevia or Splenda. According to my holistic doctor, Stevia only; this is because Splenda is made from sugar which isn't allowed. Stevia is a plant that can be used as a sweetener once the extract has been broken down, but it isn't sugar at all. Therefore, it is the healthiest option, and can be added to coffee, iced tea, hot tea, or anything else for that matter.

I will tell you another trick; for breakfast, I have my half apple, and at night when I am due to eat the other half of my apple, I sometimes put some Stevia on it with a little bit of cinnamon to break a sweet craving if I have one. I haven't had one so far, but just in case you do this is a nice little way to put it to sleep.

Each day, I have had the apple, although grapefruit is allowed. Apples seem to work better, but I think that is because they have fiber in them, and over time will be more filling for you. In fact, more patients who use apples seem to have better success because of that, even if they have hunger for the first few days. The apple will not only give you much needed fiber, but it will balance your blood sugar naturally, and keep you from retaining water since it holds so much on its own.

I will be posting in a few more days with thoughts. Until then, count your blessings!

For your health and encouragement,

Tammy Coffin-Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment