Sunday, April 3, 2011

HCG Day 1 and 2

Okay.....so the first two days of HCG sound fun; but they really aren't. Let me explain. The first two days are what we call loading days; this is where you eat as much as you want, whatever you want. The recommendation is to get up to 5,000 calories. It isn't impossible, but it isn't easy either. Imagine, cramming everything you can handle into your mouth at breakneck speed, then waiting about 20 to 30 minutes and doing it again.

Okay, so you don't shove it into your mouth at breakneck speed, but the but the idea is to eat higher fattier foods than you would normally eat. The reason for this trouble? You build up your fat stores, and once you go down to your 500 calories a day, believe me, you will be thankful. In fact, I will guarantee you that if you were to try this, that you will have never been so thankful in all your life to see 500 calories a day. The bloat, the heaviness, the sheer displeasure of feeling like you are going to explode is every reason in the world that you are ready now to go down to your low calorie count.

Here is what I had on Day One
Breakfast

Coffee, black
McDonald's Biscuits and Gravy (2 orders)

Snack

Ice Cream Cone
Coffee

Lunch

3 Cheese Coneys from Skyline Chili (a Cincinnati favorite)
One Large Dr. Pepper, one Refill

Dinner

3 Slices of Garlic Bread with Pizza Sauce
3 Slices of Godfather's pizza with extra sauce, mushrooms, green peppers, sausage, pepperoni, ground beef, onions and black olives
One Large Rootbeer, one Refill

Can you say gag?

Then if that wasn't enough, we went to the store, and I got a marbled birthday cake with a half gallon of crushed vanilla bean ice cream from Kroger. Once we were home, I went to town....one piece with three giant scoops of vanilla. Think I was happy? Think again! I don't normally eat like this, so it's a bit of a challenge, but let's just say my husband was cracking up and ready to watch me do it all over again.

DAY TWO of HCG

Okay, so today is day 2, and I weighed in having gained three pounds from day one, which wasn't all that surprising. The weigh in is the key, so that as you go through the diet you can track everything that is happening. Weight, and measuring your arms, belly, thighs and butt are all a good idea so you can see how many inches you have lost. After all, this isn't just about weight loss. This is pounds and inches, and a diet that will eat your fat cells.

Gorge day number 2! It took me a few hours to actually feel hungry, and you really have to make an effort to eat on day one, let alone on day 2.

Breakfast

Three eggs, biscuits and gravy, and a pile of homefries. Water and Iced tea with lemon. Added packets of Sweet N' Low which some of the worst stuff known to man.

Snack

I didn't really have a snack, but I did get a large Coke.

Lunch

I had a giant piece of birthday cake and three giant scoops of Ice cream. Then, my husband suggested the worst fast food on the planet. Good for this purpose, otherwise it's lethal! McDonald's Big Mac Meal, with fries and a large Coke.

Dinner

As we speak, we are waiting on a Papa John's pizza, thin crust, with extra cheese, extra sauce, pepperoni, and a Cinnapie. Why? We don't prefer Papa's, but we don't feel like going anywhere, and it's just too easy. Coke is on the way too with all that fat and goodness inside the box. NOT!

Don't worry, I can't wait to see tomorrow already, with my half apple for breakfast...Thank God. I can't wait to see lean chicken, fresh spinach, and water with lemon, or iced tea with lemon and Stevia.

I have done this before, so I can do it again. The funny thing it teaches you a lot about yourself, and how strong you really are, and you may just surprise yourself if you try it. I look forward to posting tomorrow! See you on the blog!

For your encouragement,

Tammy Coffin-Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment